Commercial property code compliance
The commercial property inspection program works with property owners and tenants while investigating complaints, conducting site inspections for permit applications or licenses, reviewing sign permits, and working with other City divisions and departments to deal with problem properties.
This program also works collaboratively with Planning, Fire Prevention, Building Inspections, Public Works and Crime Prevention Divisions to ensure the continued high standards for the City and businesses located here. The City’s high expectations reduce blight and help to keep Bloomington a desirable location for businesses and commerce to flourish.
- Code Compliance – Common Violations
- Temporary Sign Permits
- Air Management Services - Noise, Air Quality and Smoking
- Licensed Business Inspections - Tanning, massage, body art, animal establishments, recycling events, laundromats, vending.
- Emergency Response and Hazardous Waste
- Applications, handouts and additional resources
- Report a problem or make a complaint