Win with Wind: Subscribe to Wind Energy and Enter to Win a $100 Gift Card
As part of its Energy Action Plan, the City of Bloomington is challenging residents to subscribe to wind energy — and enter to win one of four $100 gift cards.
Did you know that 44% of Bloomington’s electricity comes from fossil fuels like coal and natural gas? But through the Windsource® program from Xcel Energy, you can ensure that your electricity is generated by 100% renewable wind power.
Join more than 1,500 of your neighbors who have already subscribed to low-cost renewable energy, and help the City reach its goal of 2,000 households subscribed!
How to enter to win
- Consider using low-cost wind energy through Xcel Energy’s Windsource®
- Fill out the online form to be entered to win.
- Entries will be accepted between August 1, 2019 at 12:01 am and Monday, September 15, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Winners may be asked to submit a testimonial about why it is important to support renewable energy that may be published in the Bloomington Briefing or through other city media.
Prize winners will be notified by a Bloomington staff member no sooner than Tuesday, October 1, 2019
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not improve an individual’s chances of winning. To participate without purchase or payment, use the link above. Full contest rules are below.
Bloomington’s Energy Action Plan
In 2017, City Council approved Bloomington’s Energy Action Plan. This plan set goals for the City to reduce its energy-related carbon footprint 75% by 2030. As part of this plan, the City also established a goal of 2,000 Bloomington residents subscribed to renewable energy programs.
The plan was developed through a community stakeholder process and through Xcel Energy’s Partners in Energy offering.
Bloomington Renewable Energy Challenge Contest Rules
- The Bloomington Renewable Energy Challenge Contest (the “Contest”) will run from August 1, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. to Monday, September 15, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Must be a Bloomington resident. Void outside of the City of Bloomington, Minnesota and where prohibited by law.
- Residents may choose to enroll in a qualifying renewable energy subscription program between August 1, 2019 and September 15, 2019. Enrollment does not increase chances of winning. Limit one (1) entry per household/address.
- City of Bloomington full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff, councilmembers, and commission members and persons living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
How to Enter
- Submit your contest entry form online at blm.mn/energy-entry.
- Deadline for entry into the prize drawing is Monday, September 15, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Drawing and Winner Notification
- City of Bloomington (the “City”) will select four (4) entries at random drawn from all valid entries received by Monday, September 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
- Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the City.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and/or the number of contestants participating in the Contest.
- Prize gift will be one (1) $100 gift card to a home improvement center.
- Prize cannot be exchanged for monetary value.
- Prize winners will be notified no sooner than Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
- Winner will be notified using the contact information provided when signing up for the Contest and will have 60 calendar days to claim their prize at:
Bloomington Public Works, 1700 W 98th St, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Winner must provide verification of Bloomington residency.
Other Contest Rules
- By entering this Contest, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all Contest rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Contest.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. The City retains the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its control. If the drawing cannot take place, or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events occur that are outside of the reasonable control of the City, or if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the City, which, in its sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest the city reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or any part of the Contest.
- If a winner fails to redeem the prize within 60 calendar days, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the City reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any costs or expenses associated with any prize which are not expressly included as part of the prize.
- Winners of prizes with a fair market value of less than $600 may be requested to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and provide a photocopy of a legal document showing Bloomington residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number. Where such forms are requested, winners must execute and return such forms and documents within seven (7) calendar days after receiving the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- Release of liability: All winners, by acceptance of any prize, agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City, its officers, officials, agents, volunteers and employees all claims, causes of action, lawsuits, damages, losses, or expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of, resulting from, or related to or in connection with participation in the Contest, acceptance of any prize, use of any prize, or while traveling to or from any Contest related activity.
- The City has the sole discretion to terminate the Contest at any given time or extend the dates of the Contest.
- These Contest rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, with venue in Minnesota’s Fourth Judicial District, Hennepin County. Entrant shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, ordinances and regulations including but not limited to Minnesota Statutes Sections 16C.05, subd. 5, and 471.425 subd. 4a, Chapters 363A and 13, the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to require the City to act inconsistently with the law. Parties agree to submit all disputes to mediation at the Conflict Resolution Center, 2101 Hennepin Avenue, Suite 100, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55405. If mediation is unsuccessful, then the parties may exercise their legal or equitable rights.
- The City is not responsible for late, misdirected, or lost entry forms, and does not assume any liability for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, whether caused by a participant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any technical or human errors, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
- The City expressly reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice or consent. Administration of this Contest is at the sole discretion of the City. Any questions relating to eligibility, these Contest rules or any other questions concerning this Contest will be resolved at the sole discretion of the City and its decisions will be final and binding with respect thereto.
- Incomplete, duplicate, mechanically reproduced or automated entries are not permitted and will be deemed void.
- NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To request a copy of these official rules or a list of winners after the Contest ends, or both, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Steve Gurney, Bloomington Renewable Energy Challenge Contest, Bloomington Public Works 1700 W 98th St Bloomington, MN 55431