Public Health and Safety
The 120 members of the volunteer, paid-on-call Bloomington Fire Department respond to fire calls from six fire stations throughout the city. The average response time is 4.5 minutes. All firefighters wear pagers and their availability times vary so all calls are responded to all day, every day.
The Bloomington Police Department is committed to open interaction with our community. We demonstrate our commitment through:
- Service with honor and integrity.
- Vigorous enforcement of laws.
- Excellence in leadership.
- Partnerships with business, neighborhood and youth communities.
- Collaborative approaches to problem solving.
- Recognition of the dignity and cultural identity of each employee and citizen.
- More info
Public Health promotes practices and behaviors to help you stay healthy. Its range of services and programs is far-reaching, providing health care for all ages.