Prevent fires at home
Did you know that the majority of fire-related deaths and injuries happen at home? A home inspection can provide the opportunity to address fire safety issues before they become a problem.
The Bloomington Fire Department wants to help residents make their homes safer to reduce the possibility of a fire through its Home Safety Survey Program.
BFD invites homeowners in owner-occupied, single-family homes to take part in a free Home Safety Survey. An adult must be present during inspections.
During the Home Safety Survey inspection, a fire inspector will do the following:
- Check your home and offer fire safety tips and suggestions to safeguard your family from the threat of fire.
- Help you with planning your family’s escape plan, cooking safety and general fire safety.
- Assist in installing a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm, and StoveTop Fire Stop®, free of charge (while supplies last), if needed.
- Complete the typical inspection in less than an hour.
- Give a copy of the inspection findings to you along with suggestions.
One participant said: “Wow, are we glad we called for a Home Safety Survey! The inspector was very efficient, pleasant and helpful. We couldn’t have asked for better service.”
To schedule a free Home Safety Survey, call 952-563-8930 or email fireprevention@BloomingtonMN.gov.