Make your new year sustainable
Begin the new year right with some resolutions to be more sustainable.
- Use reusable bags instead of getting single-use bags at the store.
- Recycle organics. Sign up at blm.mn/organics-signup.
- Adopt a storm drain. To learn more, visit adopt-a-drain.org.
- Sign up for a Home Energy Squad visit. Call 866-222-4595 or visit blm.mn/home-energy.
- Clean out your hazardous materials and bring them to the South Hennepin Recycling and Problem Waste Drop-Off Center, 1400 West 96th Street.
Think about making bigger changes for the future. Consider an electric snow blower, lawnmower or car. Have your home’s insulation, furnace or air conditioner updated to be more efficient.
Everyone can make a difference. Look for a sustainability scorecard coming later this year to help track your progress.
For more information, visit blm.mn/sustain.