Latest governor’s order regarding COVID-19
On December 16, Governor Walz announced new rules regarding a pause on certain activities to control the spread of COVID-19.
- Restaurants and bars have to stay closed indoors for another three weeks. Outdoor dining may resume at 50% capacity.
- Gyms can open at 25% capacity.
- Youth sports can resume practices, but not games, January 4.
- Elementary schools can open to in-person learning starting January 18, provided they implement certain mitigation measures.
- Indoor gatherings are not recommended, but Minnesotans may gather inside with one other household up to 10 people.
Cases in Minnesota are still high but improving, while death rates remain persistently high.
Please refer to Executive Order 20-103 for full information about these activities.
The order takes effect Saturday, December 19.