The Bloomington City Clerk’s Office is an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility located at Bloomington Civic Plaza. To obtain a passport, you (including minors) must appear in person.
Bloomington’s passport processing hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Last completed application accepted at 3:15 p.m.
Plan ahead to ensure there will be sufficient processing time prior to 3:30 p.m. by complying with the following timetable:
- 1 person: 15 minutes
- 2 persons: 30 minutes
- 3 persons: 45 minutes
- 4 persons: 60 minutes
|Fee Description||Adult (16 & older)||Child (15 & younger)|
|U.S. Department of State fee*||City of Bloomington fee||U.S. Department of State fee*||City of Bloomington fee|
|Express mail||Subject to postal rates||Subject to postal rates||Subject to postal rates||Subject to postal rates|
|Overnight delivery return (books only)||Subject to postal rates||Subject to postal rates||Subject to postal rates||Subject to postal rates|
*Payment must be made by check, cashiers check or money order.
Passports are processed and issued by the U.S. Department of State. If you have already applied and would like to check the status of your application, call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY at 1-888-874-7793 or visit their website
- Complete the application for U.S. passport. A Social Security number is required. Bring a completed DS-11 application. You must use black ink; DO NOT sign the application.
- Submit proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following):
- Certified birth certificate (issued by your county or state of birth)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Present current primary identification:
- Current, undamaged passport
- Valid MN driver’s license
- Clipped MN Driver’s license with yellow receipt
- Current MN ID card
- Naturalization Certificate
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents)
- Note: An out-of-state Driver’s License or ID requires secondary identification.
- Provide a passport photo that meets the passport photo quality requirements . Photo services are available at Bloomington Civic Plaza.
- Bring required payment (Checkbook or money order)
- If the application is for a child, refer to the U.S. State Department's Minors Under Age 16 Web page.
The U.S. Department of State Passport Services requires you to renew your passport by mail if it meets eligibility requirements. If your passport is eligible for renewal by mail, you cannot renew it at the Bloomington City Clerk’s Office. For more information, visit the U.S. State Department's "Renew Passport" Web page.
For U.S. Department of State fees: Check or money order only. A separate check or money order is required for each application.
For City of Bloomington fees: Check, money order, cash or credit card.
Apply for your passport early to ensure that you receive it in time. For routine processing, please allow 4-6 weeks.