The Bloomington Cemetery, at 10340 Lyndale Avenue South, is operated by the City of Bloomington. The cemetery was established in 1856 by the Oak Grove Presbyterian Church and acquired by the Town of Bloomington in 1864. Over the past 150 years, nearly 3,600 people have been buried there, including some of Bloomington’s early pioneers. The City Clerk’s Office maintains the records of the cemetery, dating back to the 1800s. The cemetery offers in-ground gravesites and above-ground columbarium niches. Current and former Bloomington residents receive preferred pricing. A portion of the cemetery is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. To learn more, visit blm.mn/cemetery. For more information about regulations and fees, or to arrange an appointment, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 952-563-8729.