Motor Vehicle/Deputy Registrar Office
For faster service, avoid the busiest times, which are:
- Monday mornings
- Friday afternoons
- The last day of the month
- The lunch hour
The Motor Vehicle/Deputy Registrar Office has proudly provided driver's license and motor vehicle license services since 1971. For every transaction processed at this office, the filing fee portion stays in Bloomington to support the City's ability to continue offering this service at the local level.
In addition to the convenient location and hours, the Bloomington Motor Vehicle/Deputy Registrar Office offers the following services.
- License tab renewals – in person (via our "Super Service" line) or by mail
- Driver's license renewals, changes and duplicates
- Registration and transfer of ownership for cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers and mopeds
- Fast-track titling service on vehicle transfers for an additional charge
- Registration and transfer of ownership for recreational vehicles such as boats, snowmobiles, ATVs and off-road vehicles
- Special plate applications: personalized, disability, critical habitat, support our troops, collector, firefighter, collegiate and various veteran plates
- Notary Public
Forms available for download
Duplicate plate and title applications are available for download via the links below, or by visiting our office.
Real ID Act
Minnesota is now in full compliance with the federal REAL ID Act. Federal agencies will continue to accept standard Minnesota driver's licenses and identification cards for official purposes until Oct. 1, 2020. After Oct. 1, 2020, a REAL ID, Enhanced driver's license or ID or passport will be required for those wanting to board domestic flights or enter federal facilities.”
For more information, visit dhs.gov/real-id/minnesota.
Passports are processed at Civic Plaza. The City accepts passport applications by appointment only. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:20 a.m. – 3 p.m.