Residents give City good grades in annual poll
Residents feel positive about living in Bloomington, according to a recent survey. Ninety-two percent of residents who responded to the annual National Community Survey™ said Bloomington is an excellent or good place to live. The same number—92%—reported they would recommend living in Bloomington to someone who asks.
High ratings for City services
A key question on the survey is how respondents perceive the value of City services for the taxes they pay. This year, 70% of those polled said the value of City services for taxes paid was excellent or good. This is a 7% increase from the 2019 and 2018 surveys. It is also higher than the national benchmark of jurisdictions in the National Community Survey™ database.
- With a 91% approval rating, the City’s drinking water ranked third among all jurisdictions polled nationwide.
- Overall customer service by Bloomington employees had a record high rating of 86% excellent or good.
- Ninety-six percent of respondents feel safe in their neighborhood and 92% feel safe in commercial areas during the day.
- Snow removal received excellent or good ratings from 82% of residents, up five percent from 2019 and higher than most jurisdictions in the nationwide database.
- Sixty-nine percent of residents reported they were in excellent or good health, the highest score since tracking began on this question in 2014.
This was the ninth year in a row that the National Community Survey™ was conducted in Bloomington. Polling for the scientific, random sample survey took place from July 31 to September 15. It was performed by the National Research Center of Boulder, Colorado.
For more information and complete survey results, visit the City’s website at blm.mn/ncs.