2018 National Night Out
The 35th annual National Night Out will take place on Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Each year, Neighborhood Watch Block Captains throughout Bloomington organize block parties to celebrate National Night Out. Residents are asked to lock their doors, turn on their outside lights and spend an evening outside with neighbors. Neighbors knowing neighbors is one of the most effective ways to prevent crime. The Bloomington Police Department and Fire Department will briefly visit with residents of many of the neighborhoods that register their parties with the city.
- Registration for 2018 National Night Out has now CLOSED. Registrations were accepted through July 27.
National Night Out Materials
- National Night Out Flyer 2018
- National Night Out Neighbor Invitation
- Sign-in Sheet
- NextDoor for Neighbors
- VEAP Food Drive
2018 National Night Out Party Locations
A map depicting the 2018 party locations is updated weekly prior to August 7.
If you can't make it to an event that evening, you can still participate in National Night Out by turning on your porch light and taking a moment to interact with your neighbors.
What is National Night Out?
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that is celebrated nationwide. The campaign promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make neighborhoods a safer, better place to live. National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support for local anti-crime efforts
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships
- Send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back
National Night Success
The 2017 National Night Out was a great success for the Bloomington Police Department. Police officers, firefighters and paramedics visited many of the 345 neighborhood parties that registered. We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2018 NNO.